Arts-X-press is a summer arts immersion program for 7th and 8th grade students created by the Pacific Symphony in celebration of Cole Carsan St.Clair. 150 students are nominated by teachers throughout Orange County to come together for 5 days of creative exploration each summer. The program has two goals: 1) To expose students to all 5 performing and visual arts; and 2) To foster respect for and interest in each student’s individuality, talents, interests, and background.

Friday, December 21, 2007

Mr. Jacktastick


Happy Holidays to all you arts-X-press bloggers out there!
This is the one and only Mr. Jacktastic. For those of you who don’t know who I am……why don’t you?


Well, anyways, my name is Jack I am an arts-X-press alumni from session 2 back in the summer of ’02, and also a session three Counselor for summers ‘06 and ’07.


Aside from working in the summer, I also help out at the Musical Carnivals for the Pacific Symphony.










As all of you know, arts-X-press isn’t just a summer program that you go to once and then soon forget. It’s an experience that will stick with you for the rest of your life. I still tell my friends about what a wonderful week I had as a camper and that was over 5 years ago!

But you don’t know the real Mr Jacktastic. Outside of the Pacific Symphony I’m just your average 19 year old college student. I go to Orange Coast College where I’m currently a History and Religious Studies major.


My goal is to transfer to UCI and get my degree and become a High School History teacher while continuing my education all the way till I get my PhD in Eastern Religions, and then move on to becoming a University Professor teaching religious studies.


I currently work in a escrow office in LA county answering phones, pulling and putting away files, and making my daily energy drink run. When I’m not working, I love to go to the gym and work out, watch TV, or grab a bite to eat with some friends. On the weekends, which start for me on Thursday and end on Sunday, I enjoy going up to Hollywood with some of my friends to the clubs or down to the beach for a bon fire.

I spend a lot of time with my 6 year old godson Jason, who is the love of my life, watching him play on his baseball team or taking him to his favorite place in the world - Chuck E Cheese - and just enjoying every moment I get with him while he’s still a kid.


I try to learn something from everyone I meet. I even learn things from you guys at arts-x-press. Every summer the groups are different and every summer I learn a new lesson.

So before I go, I just want to tell you all one thing:

Reach for more then the stars. Your life has no boundaries and your possibilities are endless if you take advantage of them.

And don’t forget, arts-X-press really does make your life better!

Happy Holidays from the one and only,

Mr Jacktastic

3 comments:

arts-X-press said...

Mr. Jacktastick, you are a-mazing!! Thanks for posting this super fun blog. I hope other people will follow your example, not only by posting a blog for arts-X-press, but also in pursuing their dreams. You are a great role model for the rest of us. Much love beat!

Anonymous said...

You are so wonderful Jack. I have had so much fun working with you and look forward to working with you again in the future. You really do embody the arts-x-press spirit. I know you will have my job someday soon! See you soon!
Smooches, Darci

Anonymous said...

Like you, dude Jack. The blog is fun and I like it...

have a good day.