Arts-X-press is a summer arts immersion program for 7th and 8th grade students created by the Pacific Symphony in celebration of Cole Carsan St.Clair. 150 students are nominated by teachers throughout Orange County to come together for 5 days of creative exploration each summer. The program has two goals: 1) To expose students to all 5 performing and visual arts; and 2) To foster respect for and interest in each student’s individuality, talents, interests, and background.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

CE Report!

Good morning! Michal's CE class reporting on our progress during the first two days of Creative Expressions!

We start each session with some journaling, which includes writing a goal for the upcoming day and a discovery about the previous day.

"Today I discovered that it wasn't very hard to make friends at arts express." -Sydney D.

"We sing weird songs on the bus." -Debbie

"My goal is to play By the River in music class correctly." -Hunter

"I discovered that British comedy is mostly in their actions, more than their words." -Allison

"Today I discovered that if you are positive all the time you will find yourself having more fun than before." -Amber

"My discovery is that I can learn a lot of people's names." -Toni

"I discovered that a person named Cole died and inspired people to start this program called arts-x-press." -Misael A.

"Today I discovered that there is no right or wrong in art." -Kianna

"During dance, we were trying to think about who inpsired me, I thought about as I was yelling Goodbye to my family. Who got me up in the morning? who made me want to be a better person? It was as simple as the sky was blue: Anna, my six-year-old sister was my inspiration. She loves me so much and as I sit here writing, I love her too! What an amazing discovery and I got in from dance!" -Matt


Yesterday we talked about what inspired us that started with the same name as us as: Sam is inspired by salmon, Sydney is inspired by salami, Matt is inspired by masterpieces, Debbie by dance, Allison by art. Today we discussed more in depth about what inspires us and how we might express that. Here are some of our examples.

by Sam


by Stephanie

by Gracelynn

by Morgan

by Taryn

by Jafeth

by Lily


Tomorrow we'll look at pictures from Pageant and create our own stories about them and possibly come up with our own inspirational quotes! Can't wait to share with you on Tuesday!

No comments: