Arts-X-press is a summer arts immersion program for 7th and 8th grade students created by the Pacific Symphony in celebration of Cole Carsan St.Clair. 150 students are nominated by teachers throughout Orange County to come together for 5 days of creative exploration each summer. The program has two goals: 1) To expose students to all 5 performing and visual arts; and 2) To foster respect for and interest in each student’s individuality, talents, interests, and background.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Lisa's CE Monday!!







Good Morning!! Lisa's CE group has been working on Expressive Story Telling. Yesterday we discussed what or who inspires us and what makes a story. For the last few days everyone has looked at images from artwork they will be seeing later at Pageant of the Masters and created a story. We also shared what has been our most memorable, inspiring, or magical moment.

My Most Memorable... Inspirational... or Magical Moment so far has been...

"When I went to see West Side Story, because I realized acting and singing is what I want to do in life. It's who I want to be." - Jill

"West Side Story because it was fun and we got to talk to the actors and get some info of how to be an actor as you're growing up." - Ivett

"When all of us buddies made the buddy walk when we went to the letters for the first time." - Monsi

"Watching West Side Story because the seatings were completely different than normal, so you could be able to see more detail." - Hoa

"Watching West Side Story because I loved the way they had great facial expressions and were so intense!" - Diana

"Seeing West Side Story because we got so close and felt so emerged in the scene." - Mikayla

"When we went to see West Side Story because I have never watched an act on a stage this close to you before." - Jessica

"When we went to go see Spamalot because it was so funny!" - Sydney M.

"When I went to Spamalot because I had seen the movies and it was a fun and exciting experience. I also loved seeing some of the people there laugh a lot." - Quinn

"West Side Story, because I was so close to the story, it felt real, and it had amazing actors and singers and dancers, and getting to meet them and actually see the relationship between the actors. This is my goal, to do something I love while still being with friends." - Shaine

"Doing a lesson in arts workshop because I learned that music is not just playing what is writing but also making it your own." - Sarah N.

"Attending West Side Story because it made me feel like I was a part of the show." - Cielo

"When we asked questions at West Side Story play. I found out they're just like us with our mistakes." - Trinity

"Spamalot because I have never seen a play in my life that's so funny and exciting." - Chris

"Learning to do the dance for the song we're doing because it was kinda tough for me, but I was able to do it." - Austin

"In the cabins because it was my first day out of the house." - Oscar

No comments: