Arts-X-press is a summer arts immersion program for 7th and 8th grade students created by the Pacific Symphony in celebration of Cole Carsan St.Clair. 150 students are nominated by teachers throughout Orange County to come together for 5 days of creative exploration each summer. The program has two goals: 1) To expose students to all 5 performing and visual arts; and 2) To foster respect for and interest in each student’s individuality, talents, interests, and background.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Arts X-Press Day 3

Hello Family!

This blog is brought to you by Lisa, Creative Expressions teacher. Your students are having a fabulous time creating stories! Saturday the students made fun Mad-Lib stories that got their imaginations rolling! Yesterday and today we worked on in depth story telling regarding character and plots of several artworks that they will get to see at Pageant of the Masters! I asked the students to share with you about something they experienced over the last few days and here is what they had to say:

I loved going to the shows and meeting new people - Jenna S.

Getting to meet some of the cast of Mary Poppins and also getting to see new people - Makayla L.

Getting to see "The Wedding Singer" musical and making new friends. - Ashley D.

Getting to see "Mary Poppins" was amazing and exciting. I can't wait for Pageant of the Masters! - Madison G.

The bus ride to "The Wedding Singer" was awesome. - Jacqueline C.

AXP is a place where you experience things that last a life-time. Every second I enjoy being here. - Sanha Y.

I love everything at AXP. It is amazing and so are the people. - Naomi G.

I love going to the musicals. I've never been before and I really enjoyed them. - Jimmy B.

I enjoyed the Improv class. - Gillian G.

I like seeing the theater the most. - Jonathan H.

I like everything here at AXP. This place is amazing and I believe my experience here will last a life time. - Sofia O.

What I <3 most about AXP is how everybody is different and nobody will laugh at you or call you weird for being creative. - Katie K.

I never realized how much I loved musicals. - Alex W.

What I liked the most was the excursions. - Daven S.

The excursions are what I liked most at AXP. - Garrett B.

Visual Arts is my favorite activity at AXP. - Richard Y.

I really liked the workshops and C.E. because we express ourselves. - Jianna V.


Well, that's it for now folks. See you tomorrow night at the Presentation! You'll be so impressed by all the talent!!

-Lisa

No comments: