Arts-X-press is a summer arts immersion program for 7th and 8th grade students created by the Pacific Symphony in celebration of Cole Carsan St.Clair. 150 students are nominated by teachers throughout Orange County to come together for 5 days of creative exploration each summer. The program has two goals: 1) To expose students to all 5 performing and visual arts; and 2) To foster respect for and interest in each student’s individuality, talents, interests, and background.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hello from Claire's Creative Expression Workshop!

We've been having wonderful experiences these past few days, creating art, singing, dancing, playing instruments, eating delicious food and going on amazing workshops. Here is some of our thoughts and feelings from member of our group.

The Pageant of the Masters and the Festival of Arts were amazing and the artwork was beautiful. Ali

I really enjoyed seeing Mary Poppins because of the difficult dancing and amazing voices. It was truly magical. Grace

Personally, I loved the the wedding Singer. All the music got the crowd pumped, everyone was so talented and I just love comedy. As amazing as that was, making new friends is still the best! Gigi C.

I've loved all of our excursions. Everything has been fun. I can't pick one thing over another. Arts-X-press rules! Scott

I really liked going to the festival of the Arts and Pageant of the Masters. Good job, 
arts-X-press! Gianna M.

What I love about arts-X-press is the way we get to learn about the arts. I'm having fun and making new friends. Angelarose

I really enjoyed the Pageant of the Masters. Amazing! And I love the people, the staff, counselors,
and campers, and making new friends.  Angela

The drummer at the Wedding Singer was amazing! I couldn't stop watching him. Orlando 

My favorite was Mary Poppins. I loved how they made her fly. It was supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! Gavin

The excursions were amazing and I'm having an amazing time. David

The arts and crafts at the Festival of the Arts gave me a chance to try out new forms of arts and see how they are made. Taylor

Arts-X-press has opened a whole new door to having fun and learning. I love it! And I don't want to go! Meaghan

My favorite excursion was the Wedding Singer. It made me imagine how my parents would dress in the eighties and that was really funny! Sofia

I liked the Wedding Singer and making new friends. Julie

Arts-X-press has inspired me more than any other experience I've had. I was pleasantly surprised by everything that happened and I am happier than ever before. Melissa

Yes! All that and more. :) Claire

No comments: