Arts-X-press is a summer arts immersion program for 7th and 8th grade students created by the Pacific Symphony in celebration of Cole Carsan St.Clair. 150 students are nominated by teachers throughout Orange County to come together for 5 days of creative exploration each summer. The program has two goals: 1) To expose students to all 5 performing and visual arts; and 2) To foster respect for and interest in each student’s individuality, talents, interests, and background.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

CE day 4


Day 4 of Gemma’s Creative Expression class!

Featuring the collaboration of Vivian, Matt, Leigh, Kelsey, Dustin, Annamaria, Lily, Dion, Shawna, Mikayla, Claire, Denise, Thao, Fiama, Evie, Noah and David

Each day we write in our creatively decorated journals about a DISCOVERY and a GOAL. 

Some DISCOVERIES we have made:

            I can write my name backwards.
Even if someone says something is real, to other people it is make-believe.
I love tacos.
If you believe in yourself, you can do anything.

Some GOALS we have set:

Make new friends.
Learn more about myself.
Take more risks.
Try my hardest in my Arts Workshop.

We express ourselves though our poetry.  At the parent presentation we will share with you our class ACROSTIC poem.  As for now, here are some “I AM…”  poems.

            I am an artist
            I wonder if I will make it big
            I hear the chattering audience waiting for the show
            I see the bright lights
            I want to sing and dance
            I am an artist.
                                    By Mikayla

           
            I am Kelsey Bray
            I wonder if I will ever make it to Broadway
            I hear Mikayla getting irritated that I’m in seventh grade and older than her
            I see a family around me and supporting me
            I want to have a great time and meet new friends
            I am Kelsey Bray.

           
            I understand the concept of math
I say I can do anything
I dream about anything
I try to be the best
I hope to go to Harvard
I am the best and the only Fiama Pschaidt


Yesterday we got the opportunity to work together at the Festival of the Arts, creating scratch art, Raku pots and printmaking.  Looking forward to sharing our artistic risk-taking with you!

And finally, we found last night’s Pageant of the Masters: breathtaking, alive, exotic, out-of-this-world, truly amazing, fascinating, emotional, entertaining, fantastic, kewl, inspiring.

See you very soon!!!

No comments: